Monday, February 7, 2011

Finished My Killer Radioactive Maverick Mods


I just finished my twin radioactive maverick mods and I have to say they look and function even better than I had originally anticipated. The hit pretty awesome ranges for a maverick. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to get much more than 40 feet consistantly from a maverick. The real focus here is the cosmetics and lighting job. These both look good, but the primary one looks phenominal when running around at night.



Basically, the green barrels were carves out and I kept the original slide cover (black piece in stock mavericks. The switch was wired up FIRST, and then embedded into the plastic, the mini 12 volt is nested inside the barrels but off of the metal pole, so rotation still works, and the wires to the LEDs are all weaved around the air restrictor disks (which I painted black). The other bits are just my typical maverick mods and simple paintjobs.

//Drac V''''V

11 comments:

  1. Those look great! But as far as a modified Mav's distance, I am consistently getting 45'-55' firing Whistlers and Taggers and 60'+ firing Streamlines (which are erratic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had money I would commission you for one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Drac,

    I'm buddies with the guys at Urban Taggers and wanted to send you my blog page to have a look at some of my customs. Love all the LED work you've done, I am going to have to give that a try here soon!

    http://johnsonarms.blogspot.com/

    Regards,
    Brian
    Johnson Arms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Drac, Just started taking a look at your work and I have to say it is definitely something I can get behind. Been doing paint jobs and such for awhile now and looking to start some LED work, your vid said check the blog for a detailed write up on the LED wiring and I am not seeing that. A little help would be great! Keep up the great mods/cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, I tried to write what I did with the LEDs as clearly as I could. I get this question a lot and the simple fact is that custom circuitry is fickle and tricky to teach over the internet. I took the swtich and wired it to 3 LEDs in series (cathode to andode), and then I wired that systems leads (the + and -) to the corresponding points on a miniature 12 volt battery you can get just about anywhere batteries are sold. The circuit gets hot and probably needs a resistor, but works fine for the 10 minutes I use it at a time. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drac, thanks for the response. Its enough to get me in the right direction. Not having worked on wiring and circuitry in the last seven years or so I just needed a nudge. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much for the glowing maverik? oh and i was wondering if you could look at my nerf moding website and just kind of tell me if it sucks or not. thx

    ReplyDelete
  8. u should use 12v batteries more often

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Drac.

    I was thinking about getting into LED integration myself but I dont know much about how circuts work. can you recommend a good website, book, or other source to get the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need the LED stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo Drac, I commented on one of your youtube videos but I also hope you'll see this one. This mod is really awesome and I'd like to know how you did it, in detail. I have also thought about commissioning you to make me a pair but for that I'd like you to tell me how much you spent to make yours. Thanks, keep modding

    ReplyDelete